Banjara Market Gurgaon – Complete Information
If you live in Gurgaon or Delhi-NCR, you might know Banjara Market Gurgaon; it is one of the best markets for shopping and fun. This Market is one of the major shopping destinations in Gurgaon.
The Banjara Market in Gurgaon emerged as a cultural and commercial hub, showcasing the Banjara’s traditional crafts, skills, textiles, artefacts and rich Indian culture.
This Market is a hidden gem amidst the skyscrapers of Gurgaon; it is a testimony to the rich cultural tapestry that defines Gurgaon. In this Market, you can find diverse items such as clothing, home décor, traditional jewellery, handicraft items, antiques, kitchen utensils and much more.
In this blog post, we will take you into Banjara Market Gurgaon heart and unravel its specific offerings, ancient importance, and the charming purchasing experience it offers.
Banjara Market Gurugram – History
This Market is also known as Gurgaon Haat; it has a rich cultural history rooted in the nomadic Banjara community, renowned for their trading and artistic skills.
While specific records about the Market’s origin are scarce, it has evolved into a vibrant space showcasing the Banjaras’ traditional crafts, textiles, and intricate embroidery. Establishing this Market in Gurgaon aligns with the Banjara community’s transition from roaming to settled lifestyles.
Over time, Banjara Market settled with the urbanization of Gurgaon. It serves as a cultural bridge, offering visitors and tourists a unique shopping experience that reflects India’s rich heritage and culture.
Today, the Gurgaon Banjara market stands as proof of the Banjara community’s skills and talent and gives a platform for artists to show their craft and skills.
In the last few years, this Market has emerged as a favourite destination for shopping, attracting thousands of people and contributing to preserving India’s unique cultural tapestry.
How to Reach Banjara Market Gurgaon?
Earlier, this Market was located in Sector 53, Gurgaon, but Banjara Market Gurgaon new location is Sector-70A. It is strategically located near BPTP Astaire. You can easily reach Banjara market by road and metro.
- By Road: You can visit this Market, through the road, you can take NH-8. This Market is well connected to all the major roads of Gurgaon. You can take a rickshaw or cab.
- By Metro: Banjara Market Gurgaon nearest Metro is Huda City Centre and MG Road; you can take the yellow metro line to reach this Market.
Banjara Market Gurugram – Food Options
Banjara Market Gurgaon is not only famous for its unique goods and items but also for multiple food options. Here are some of the great food options you can find around this market:
- Street Food: One of the most famous places to eat fast food. Here, you can find multiple food options like fast food, Gol Gappa, chaat, Chinese food and more.
- Curry House: It is the ultimate destination for North Indian Food Lovers. Here, you can find multiple Chinese food options and Indian Dishes.
- Big Yellow Door: It is a renowned culinary destination, offering a wide range of mouthwatering dishes. This restaurant is known for its delicious food and ambience.
- The Chocolate Room: If you like sweets, it will be a perfect café for you. Here, you can find multiple options for dessert and light meals.
Banjara Market Gurgaon Timings
This Market is open throughout the year; you can easily visit any day of the week. During weekends, you can see various people roving here. It is one of the famous tourist destinations in Gurgaon. During Peak tourist season, you can see lots of crowds.
This Market is open from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM every day, so that you can visit this Market with your friends or family.
If you want to spend your weekends with your family, visit this Market. Here you can find antiques, clothing, accessories, handicrafts, and more.
Even you can visit Gurgaon Banjara Market on weekdays. If you cannot handle the crowds, you must explore this Market during weekdays and get exclusive offers and discounts.
Why Should You Visit Banjara Market Gurugram?
This Market is one of the tourist attractions in Gurgaon, where you can do shopping, fun and much more, from traditional handicrafts to modern décor items. It will be a perfect destination for shopping and enjoying weekends with your family and friends.
Here are some of the best reasons to visit Banjara Market in Gurgaon:
1. A Treasure of Colors: This Market is a visual treat with its riot of colours that attracts visitors at every turn. The stalls are adorned with vibrant textiles, ethnic clothing, and handcrafted artefacts that reflect the artistic prowess of the Banjara community. This traditional Market caters to every taste and preference, from conventional Rajasthani lehengas to beautiful home décor items.
2. Handcrafted Delights: The major highlight of Gurgaon Banjara Market is its ample collection of handmade items. The Banjara community is known for its intricate colouring, and this skill is beautifully showcased in the Market’s offerings. You can explore embroidered fabrics, bags, handicrafts, accessories, and home decor items, each telling a unique story of craftsmanship and tradition.
3. Jewelry Galore: Gurgaon Banjara market is a jewel for jewellery enthusiasts. From oxidized silver pieces to beaded wonders, the jewellery stalls at this Market offer ample options. Whether you’re looking for a statement necklace or traditional jhumkas, you can find everything at the best price.
4. Culinary Delights: As you navigate through the Market, the aroma of spices and street food waft through the air. It is not just about shopping; it’s a sensory experience. Food stalls offer a variety of local delicacies, allowing visitors to indulge in a culinary journey while exploring the Market’s
5. Cultural Fusion: This Market is a melting pot of cultures. The stalls don’t just showcase traditional Indian wear; a combination of styles caters to the modern, global crowd. This combination of tradition and contemporary fashion sets Banjara Market apart from other markets in Gurgaon.
6. Artisanal Treasures: The Market is a haven for those who appreciate the beauty of artisanal crafts. From pottery to handwoven textiles, every corner of Banjara Market Gurgaon showcases the skills passed down through generations. You can buy one of its décor items to enhance the beauty of your home.
7. Entertainment Hub: Beyond the shopping extravaganza, this Market is also known for entertainment and fun. Street performers, local musicians, and cultural events add to the lively atmosphere, creating a vibrant experience for visitors and tourists.
8. Food Option: Banjara Market in Gurgaon is not only famous for shopping but also there are various options for food. There are many options around this Market, such as Curry House, street food, Big Yellow Door, Chache Di Hatti and much more.
Banjara Market is a witness to India’s rich cultural heritage in the heart of Delhi-NCR. It’s not just a market; it’s a celebration of tradition, craftsmanship, and the vibrant spirit of the Banjara community.
As you explore this excellent Market, you’ll find more than just goods and items; you’ll discover stories, crafts, skills, art, and a deep connection to India’s diverse past. Banjara Market in Gurgaon is not just a shopper’s paradise; it’s an experience that will stay in your memory, inviting you to revisit its charm repeatedly.
We hope you read our blog and everything regarding this Market has been resolved. If you like this blog, please share this article with your friends and family.
Which day is Banjara Market Gurgaon closed?
This Market is open every day
Where has Banjara market shifted?
The Banjara Market has shifted from Sector 53 to Sector 70A
What are the timings for Banjara Market Gurgaon?
The timings of Banjara Market is from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM everyday.
Is Banjara market Gurugram closed on Sunday?
No, this market is open all the days of the week.
Which is the nearest metro station to Banjara Market Gurgaon?
MG Road Metro Station is the nearest metro station to Banjara Market